You can study English with The Callan Method of Accelerated English Language Learning on a Student Visa at Step One College!
After successful study of the Callan Method, you should have:
· Improved skills in social English (including appropriate choice of register, pragmatic conventions, etc.)
· Improved skills in understanding and producing transactional language, eg making purchases in a shop (listening and speaking)
· Developed skills in listening to English at native-speaker pace.
· Improved their English pronunciation.
· Improved their ability to use grammatical concepts to understand and use English,
· Improved grammatical accuracy in productive skills, and have developed the confidence and ability to decide when to focus on fluency as opposed to accuracy.
· Gained and developed an understanding of the cultures of English-speaking countries (Britain, Australia, America, Canada, etc,).
You don’t need a high level of English to study in this course. We prefer that you have finished three years of secondary school in your country.
What is The Callan Method of Accelerated English Language Learning ?
The Callan Method of Accelerated English Language Learning is a fast and effective system for studying English. The method was developed firstly in England over 40 years ago by Mr. Callan. The Method is a highly structured program of instruction, divided into twelve stages with a test at the end of each stage. In class, the teacher asks students a series of questions from a textbook and the students must answers the questions. Sometimes the teacher helps the students to answer questions when students are having difficulty answering quickly. The teacher will correct the student’s mistake and do their best to correct pronunciation, in this way the student has their English corrected in class.
There are seven books in the Callan series. Each book, except for book 7, contains two stages. Stages are measured by the number of new words that appear in the stage. Generally, there are 250 new words per stage － so that by end of stage 12 in book 6 a student should have mastery of 4300 words and if students complete book 7 they will learn up to 5621 words.
Language schools which use The Callan Method Course can be found all over the world. Whether in Asia, Europe, or Latin America, the number of Callan Method Schools continues to rise.
(Refer to Callan method School Links)